Women. Social Media. Technology. Gender Equality. Human Rights.
Are you ready to #ChangeYourWorld?
At Yahoo, we see how ordinary people use technology to do extraordinary things every day. To shine the light on them, we’re once again bringing inspirational leaders together for a very special event. Today we’re officially announcing the next chapter of our Change Your World series: Change Your World Amman, a conference about women who are harnessing the power of technology and media to change the world.
The day will be MC’ed by award-winning journalist, strategist, entrepreneur and all-around rock star, Lara Setrakian, and it will be a celebration and a provocation. We will highlight artists, musicians, activists, journalist, entrepreneurs, policy advocates and poets, all bound by the determination to be the change they wish to see in the world. We will be highlighting a range of stories in the region, from the rise of digital entrepreneurs, to people advocating for peace in Syria to women using photography and film to tell stories behind stereotypes in Palestine.
Connect , learn more about the stories behind our panelists, and join @yahoobhrp in the conversation. Let us know how you’re using technology and social media to #changeyourworld! We’ll be sharing tweets with our amazing set of panelists on event day.
Panel #1: Media & Journalism What role has media played in bringing attention to humanitarian crises in the region? Has technology created greater access to accurate and unbiased media?
- Sana’ Al Imam, Program Manager, Arab Women’s Media Center
- Lina Ejeilat, Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief at 7iber.com
- Randa Habib, Director, AFP Foundation of MENA, former director, AFP Jordan Bureau
- Diana Moukalled, Journalist and Documentary Producer
- Elizabeth Dickinson, Journalist and MENA editor/correspondent for CS Monitor’s Monitor Global Outlook
- Nicholas Petche, Senior Editor Yahoo News UK, Reporter “Zaa’tari: A Day In the Life”
Panel #2: Entrepreneurship How are women using the Internet and technology to power innovation, lead in business and become social entrepreneurs? What kinds of causes are women connecting to business, and how is technology making these connections possible?
- Mayyada Abu Jaber, CEO, Jordan Career Education Foundation
- Evanna Hu, Co-Founder of gMaarifa
- Rama Kayyali Jardaneh, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Little Thinking Minds
- Serene Shalan, Networks Manager, Oasis500
- Iliana Montauk, Director, Gaza Sky Geeks
- Mariam Abultewi, Founder, Wasselni
Panel #3: Women In The Arts How are women using art to inspire, inform and advocate?
- Annemarie Jacir, Filmmaker and Screenwriter
- Malikah, rapper, MC and the Queen of Arab Hip-Hop
- Tanya Habjouqa, Photographer
- Nadine Toukan, Producer
Panel #4: Women Who Lead How are women leaders using the Internet and technology to advocate for more just laws and raise awareness about social and policy issues related to gender equity?
- Shaden Abu-Al-Haija, Journalist/blogger, Inkitab.me
- Lara Ayoub, Co-founder, SADAQA and Digital Media consultant for Ro’ya TV
- Nima Habshnah, Founder, citizenship rights campaign
- Rana Husseini, Journalist, Author of “Murder in the Name of Honor”
- Ghada Saba, Advocate against domestic violence; Director & Producer, You’re Mine Initiative
Panel #5: Advocates for Peace During Times of Conflict & The Power Of Technology The Internet and social and digital media platforms amplify voices that do not have access to traditional forms of media, and allow marginalized groups to tell their stories. What has been the impact of regional conflicts in Syria, Iraq, Palestine and Lebanon, and how are women using technology to raise awareness? How have women used the Internet and other platforms to be advocates for peace and create solutions to humanitarian crises?
- yahoomaktoob reblogged this from yahoobhrp
- yahoomaktoob likes this
- 20to30project reblogged this from yahoobhrp and added:
- 20to30project likes this
- houri61 likes this
- yahoochangeyourworld likes this
- jamesforester likes this
- yahoobhrp posted this